STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN
Livestream and Video/Image Posting Guidelines
SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd. (hereinafter “Square Enix”) is pleased to receive requests from everyone interested in sharing videos and images of our games online, but we ask that you be mindful of a few things, as set out in these guidelines (the “Guidelines”).
Square Enix permits you to post online and otherwise use certain content from STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN (the “Game”) subject to these Guidelines. These Guidelines apply only outside of Japan; if you are located in Japan or have obtained a Japanese version of the Game, please check the different guidelines that apply to you.
The “Materials” consist of all content from the Game, including, but not limited to, gameplay footage, still images, characters, and music from the Game. The Materials are the property either of a collaboration of authors including Square Enix or of individual rights holders who have given Square Enix the necessary permissions for their work to be used in the Game.
You may post the Materials online for the following permitted personal uses (the “Permitted Uses”) only:
- Posting in-game images on your blog(s) or microblog(s), such as Twitter.
- Sharing gameplay videos on video sharing sites, such as YouTube and Twitch. You may also share URLs and thumbnails relating to these videos on personal blogs or microblogging platforms (such as Twitter).
- Please display the following copyright notice when posting/streaming:
© KOEI TECMO GAMES/SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
CHARACTER DESIGN:TETSUYA NOMURA
LOGO ILLUSTRATION:©2021 YOSHITAKA AMANO
Furthermore, the above information may be added automatically when capturing images and videos using the game console’s recording feature. If you use such images and videos without modification, it is not necessary for you to add this information manually.
- Do not delete or modify any legal notices included with the Materials.
- You do not need to add the copyright notice on blogging platforms with space limitations, such as Twitter.
- If multiple images and videos are posted within a single page, the copyright notice can be displayed in one location on the page rather than on each screenshot and video.
[Usage Guidelines and Restrictions]
You may not use the Materials except as expressly described in the Permitted Uses above. You may not use any other materials owned or controlled by Square Enix without Square Enix’s prior written consent.
- Do not use the Materials for commercial or for-profit purposes. However, you may use official monetization functions available through video sharing sites such as YouTube, Twitch, and other similar services provided the applicable video sharing site has a music usage license agreement with the Japan Society for Rights of Authors, Composers, and Publishers (JASRAC). Please note that we cannot address individual requests for clearance or questions, so feel free to share these Guidelines with anyone requesting details about our Guidelines.
- Please mark content with a “spoiler warning” when the content includes details of major plot developments.
- Posting audio tracks and/or music data as standalone content, and/or posting video content with the sole intention of providing access to the Game’s music, is not permitted.
- Posting or streaming only (or primarily) movie scenes, cutscenes, and similar Materials as standalone content, and/or posting video content with the sole intention of providing the Game’s movie scenes and cutscenes for viewing, is not permitted.
- Do not livestream, post videos, or post anything from areas of the Game where it is designated that recording is not permitted.
- Do not livestream, post videos, or post anything from the ending of the Game – including, without limitation, the content following the final battle up until “The End”, “To be Continued”, “Fin” or similar messaging is displayed.
- Do not use the Materials in combination with third party content.
- Do not reproduce shared content other than as expressly contemplated by these Guidelines. For example, you must not collect and distribute Materials via other media—e.g., in book form—even if you do not stand to gain financially from doing so.
- Do not use the Materials to promote anything, including other products or services.
- Do not perform any actions that may lead to slandering other players or any other person.
- You must immediately comply with any request from Square Enix to remove Materials from any shared content, website, or service, regardless of whether Square Enix provides a reason for the request or not. Square Enix reserves the right to require removal of any content incorporating the Materials that it deems to be inappropriate in its sole discretion. Square Enix may submit takedown requests to third parties for any Materials at Square Enix’s sole discretion.
- Do not modify the Materials.
- Do not share Materials on a site or service which is limited to viewers 18 years and older, goes against public order and standards of decency, and/or is affiliated with religious / political / antisocial activities.
- You are responsible for following these Guidelines when livestreaming and posting content that incorporates the Materials.
- Square Enix makes no guarantees concerning the Materials, including that the Materials will not infringe third party rights. Square Enix will not compensate you or any third party for any damages or injuries that arise as a result of use of the Materials.
- Square Enix may modify these Guidelines in its sole discretion at any time.