Guidelines for Using Copyrighted Works
Square Enix CO., LTD (“hereinafter “Square Enix”), permits you to distribute, post online, and otherwise use certain content related to FINAL FANTASY VIII, subject to the following terms (the “Guidelines”). These Guidelines apply only outside of Japan; if you are located in Japan, or have obtained a Japanese version of FINAL FANTASY VIII, please see the Japanese license for terms that apply to you.
When sharing or posting copyrighted works from FINAL FANTASY VIII online – including videos and images – please read these Guidelines carefully, and make sure you understand them before proceeding.
FINAL FANTASY VIII Materials
The “Materials” consist of the following:
- Text, images, and videos listed on the official FINAL FANTASY VIII website and related sites.
- In-game text, screenshots and/or videos captured from FINAL FANTASY VIII – excluding any area of the game where it is designated that recording is prohibited.
- In-game songs and music files used in FINAL FANTASY VIII - excluding “Eyes On Me” and “Ending Theme” – but only when used directly in videos that use in-game images, gameplay, and videos from FINAL FANTASY VIII.
*For any other copyrighted works not listed above, any sharing and/or reposting to the internet is strictly prohibited.
When sharing the Materials on the internet, make sure to display the following copyright notice:
© 1999, 2019 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
CHARACTER DESIGN: TETSUYA NOMURA
LOGO ILLUSTRATION:© 1999 YOSHITAKA AMANO
*If there are multiple images and/or videos listed within a single page, you do not need to list the copyright notice with each image and/or video; instead, you may use one consolidated legal line for the entire page.
Usage Guidelines and Restrictions
- Do not use the Materials for commercial purposes. However, you may use official monetization functions available through video sharing sites such as YouTube, Twitch, and other similar services. If there are any inquiries from video uploading services regarding the usage permissions of the Materials, you may direct them to these Guidelines.
- Do not slander or demean anyone in connection with the Materials.
- Do not livestream, post videos, or post anything from areas of FINAL FANTASY VIII where it is designated that recording is not permitted.
- You must make clear that your content is not sponsored or endorsed by Square Enix.
- Posting only audio tracks and/or music data as standalone content, and/or posting video content with the intention of permitting listening to FINAL FANTASY VIII’s music, is prohibited.
- Do not make any excessive modifications or changes to any of the Materials.
- Do not use the Materials to promote any products or services.
- If the Materials include any credits or legal lines, you must not remove them.
- Do not use the Materials in combination with any content other than FINAL FANTASY VIII.
- Do not share or use the Materials on a site or service which is limited to viewers 18 years or older, goes against the public order and standards of decency, and/or is affiliated with religious/political/antisocial activities.
- Do not reproduce shared content other than as expressly contemplated by these Guidelines. For example, you must not collect and distribute Materials via other media—e.g., in book form—even if you do not stand to gain financially from doing so.
- You must immediately comply with any request from Square Enix to remove Materials from any shared content, website, or service, regardless of whether Square Enix provides a reason for the request or not. Square Enix reserves the right to require removal of any content incorporating the Materials that it deems to be inappropriate in its sole discretion. Square Enix may submit takedown requests to third parties for any Materials at Square Enix’s sole discretion.
- You are responsible for following these Guidelines when livestreaming and posting content that incorporates the Materials. Square Enix makes no guarantees concerning the Materials, including that the Materials will not infringe third party rights. Square Enix will not compensate you or any third party for any damages or injuries that arise as a result of use of the Materials.
- Square Enix may modify these Guidelines at its sole discretion at any time without prior notice.