Here’s what Square Enix is bringing to PAX EAST 2020Play FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, battle Ruby Weapon in FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers and learn all about Outriders.
PAX EAST 2020 starts this week (February 27 - March 1) and we’re excited to reveal what we’re bringing to the show.
Fans travelling to the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center will be able to play some highly-anticipated games (including FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE), watch fascinating developer panels, take advantage of exclusive promotions and much more.
Here’s what to expect:
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE (Booth #12011)
Playable gameplay demo - try FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE for yourself at the Square Enix booth. Demo tickets will be distributed daily to PAX East attendees upon show opening.
Signing Session - meet voice actors Britt Baron (Tifa), John Eric Bentley (Barret), Briana White (Aerith), Erica Lindbeck (Jessie) and Gideon Emery (Biggs). They’ll sign for players at these times: Saturday, February 29: 11:00am– 12:00 pm and 2:30pm –4:00pm, Sunday, March 1: 11:00 am–12:00 pm and 3:00pm – 4:30pm EST. A limited number of tickets for the signing session will be available at 10:30 am (EST) each morning in the signing session area of Booth #12011.
Photo opportunity - get your picture taken with Cloud’s awesome Hardy Daytona motorcycle.
- Giveaways: Visit the booth and you can get one of these amazing double-sided posters, featuring artwork of Cloud, Aerith, Tifa, Barret and Red XIII (while supplies last)!
FINAL FANTASY XIV Online (Booth #15010)
Ruby Weapon Battle Challenge - this famous foe from the FINAL FANTASY series was added to FINAL FANTASY XIV Online in Patch 5.2. You’ll be able to take it on at the show - if you manage to beat it, you’ll get an ‘I BEAT RUBY WEAPON’ t-shirt!
Photo Opportunity – get a photo in front of our themed backdrop while posing with a selection of weapons from Shadowbringers.
Developer Livestream – FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida and Lead Character Concept Artist Yusuke Mogi will host a special livestream titled “The Artwork of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Look Behind the Screen.” The stream will be hosted on the official FINAL FANTASY XIV Twitch channel on Saturday, February 29 at 8:00pm EST.
- Giveaways – visit the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online booth to get a variety of goodies throughout the show; including a themed scarf and double-sided poster featuring artwork drawn by Lead Character Concept Artist Yusuke Mogi (while supplies last). Attendees can also grab FINAL FANTASY XIV Online-themed lanyards for their PAX badges from around the convention show floor.
- Collaboration Postcard Giveaway – Get a free postcard for the upcoming tactical mobile RPG, WAR OF THE VISIONS FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS, that features artwork of Y’shtola in her FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers attire. What’s more, if you’ve pre-registered for the game, you’ll be able to get a double-sided art card. Both items will be available at the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online booth, while supplies last.
To find out more about FINAL FANTASY XIV Online’s PAX activities, check out The Lodestone:
- People Can Fly Developer panel - “A New Flavor of Sci-Fi: Creating the Universe of Outriders,” will take place on Saturday, February 29 from 12:30-1:30 pm EST at the Albatross Theatre. Lead Writer Joshua Rubin and key members of the Outriders team will discuss the process of creating a dark and brutal sci-fi universe from scratch.
To find out more about this exciting new RPG shooter from People Can Fly, check out our coverage:
Games and merchandise (Booth #12011)
Come by the booth to see and buy the latest Square Enix merchandise. We have products from BRING ARTS and PLAY ARTS KAI, plush toys, FINAL FANTASY Trading Card Game (FFTCG), tabletop games and more.
For example you can:
- See new t-shirts - FINAL FANTASY XI: Mithkabob, FINAL FANTASY XIV – THE SUNDERING: HYDAELYN KICK and FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE: CLOUD.
Buy FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers acrylic stands of favorite characters - before they’re released on the Square Enix Store.
Purchase cards and learn to play the FINAL FANTASY Trading Card Game. You can also earn promotional cards and get tips on how best to use the newly released Cloud vs. Sephiroth 2-player deck.
As you can see, it’s going to be a great PAX EAST for Square Enix fans. The event takes place at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center between February 27 and March 1, 2020 - we’ll see you there!
Follow Square Enix on social media: