Just Cause Celebrates a Decade of Destruction
Artwork from the original Just Cause
Today marks 10 years since Rico Rodriguez first parachuted into action and kick-started a decade of destruction in the Just Cause series. The very first game in the series was released in 2006 for PlayStation 2, Windows PC, Xbox and Xbox 360 and its madcap mix of parasailing and explosions excited gamers everywhere:
- PC Gamer – 93% - a wealth of diverse missions
- Play Magazine 90% - No game has ever afforded this level of freedom, and it's simply breathtaking to behold
- Times Online 5/5 - There is bound to be a sequel, because this original is so good
- Play.TM 90% - Thoroughly entertaining as well as graphically hard hitting
- 360 Magazine – 90% Just Cause is brilliant
- Ace Gamez 10/10 - A gaming triumph and a truly next-generational offering
The series has been on quite a journey so thanks to all our fans for being part of it. To celebrate, the dev team at Avalanche will be taking control of the Just Cause Instagram account, to bring you all manner of explosive content and exclusive behind the scenes assets of the making of this epic gaming series. Keep an eye across all of our channels:
10 years soaring through the skies and removing dictators. A decade of destruction.
Long live Rico Rodriguez!