Just Cause 4 Development Update: August 29, 2019Find out what's next for Just Cause 4!
JUST CAUSE 4: Danger Rising is now available now to Gold Edition and Expansion Pass Owners on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. All other users can get their hands-on Danger Rising next week on September 5th.
Danger Rising is the final act to the “Dare Devils, Demons and Danger” expansion pass. It’s the biggest addition to JUST CAUSE 4 since launch, featuring 9 new missions, new exciting gadgets, weapons, vehicles and a whole new way to traverse the amazing open world of Solis.
Here’s a brief look at what to expect with Danger Rising:
The Agency is coming at Rico with full high-tech force, however, Rico also has an ace up his sleeve! Introducing the hoverboard, a brand new traversal tool that pushes Rico’s capabilities to a completely new level! Take the hoverboard over land or sea whilst performing gravity-defying tricks. Try experimenting and combining the board with grapple hook, parachute and wingsuit. It’s a perfect fit for exploring and getting around the Isle of Solís in style!
The Agency is back and brings the full force of their advanced tech and highly trained Agents to bear in their hunt for Rico and Sheldon. Agents grapple across the terrain, just like Rico, and attack from all angles, wielding hard-hitting weaponry unlike anything seen in JUST CAUSE 4 before.
Danger Rising also introduces new weapons & vehicles to the crazy JUST CAUSE 4 sandbox world. Blast enemies with the ultra-powerful Sequoia 370 Mag-Slug, bend the laws of gravity with the Stormalong Em Zero magnesis rifle, or deploy your very own remote-controlled drone with the Yellowstone Auto Sniper Rifle.
Danger Rising Time zone release schedule
Here are the release timings for JUST CAUSE 4: Danger Rising Worldwide.
New Monthly challenge – Aerial Acrobatics
The latest JUST CAUSE 4 Free Challenge is now available –Aerial Acrobatics!!! Prove your skills in the air and take on this Wingsuit challenge to win the exclusive wingsuit and parachute skin shown below:
The Black Market Adversary Assault Vehicle Pack is also now available, featuring the Black Hand Interceptor and VTOL Jet. The powerful VTOL Jet will decimate any Black Hand base with ease, whilst the rapid Black Hand Interceptor with its mounted machine guns will attract Black Hand enemies in the same vehicle for intense car chases!
Stunt Squad is BACK
Stunt Squad is back, the first round open to entrees now until October 1st. We will be running a competition once a month until early next year. The rules of Stunt Squad are the same, however the TOP 3 Stunts will now all receive the below package of Stunt Squad goodies!
If you are the number 1 Stunt, not only will you win the above prize package but be in the hall of fame on the Stunt Squad website.
Head over to https://justCause.com/stunt-squad now to submit your very best JUST CAUSE 4 stunts. Join the squad, become a legend.
Not only can players expect Stunt Squad to continue, but Monthly challenges and Black Market Vehicle Packs will continue to be released.
Fixes made to date
Since we launched JUST CAUSE 4 in December last year, we have been listening to player feedback on the game attempting address the biggest issues being reported. Here’s a list of some the updates we have delivered to the game since launch:
- Toggle for motion blur added
- Improvements to world lighting – better vibrancy, lighting is far more richer and dynamic. Better night-time visibility and lighting in shadows
- Better Air Combat against helicopters and drones
- Improved Vegetation - improved shadow rendering, close range vegetation issue
- Improved Water Effects – underwater visibility improved, better visual quality in rivers and water, better surface visibility when underwater, waves/ripples from boats/foam now visible, improvements to waterfalls, improved water wakes, fish spawn underwater
- Anti Aliasing improvements
- Stabilisation/Performance improvements
- Improvements to the menu navigation
- Improvements to AR Scanning feature
- Improvements to the resolution on both Xbox One and PS4
- Improvements to Black Hand AI
- Destructible Black Hand Statues added to world
- Destructible Metal Train Bridges added to world
- Increased ammo capacity on all weapons
- Day/Night Cycle adjusted
- Added time-of-day adjusting Avalanche Studios Deck Chairs
- New Mobile Chaos objects added to world
- Added free challenges and parachute/wingsuit skins
- Added free JUST CAUSE 3_and JUST CAUSE 2 Rico skins
- Added free legacy items – Cluster Bomb Launcher, Rubber Ducky Vehicle, Tuk Tuk Boom Boom, “Chevalier Ice Breaker" Ice Cream Van
- Various bug fixes
We’d like to thank all Just Cause 4 players for their patience and constructive, helpful feedback on the game, as we try to make JUST CAUSE 4 the very best JC experience to-date.
— The Just Cause Team